This page has moved to a new address.

Will Be Otherwise Engaged

A Girl and Her Gun: Will Be Otherwise Engaged

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Will Be Otherwise Engaged

I now know why I had scattered thoughts yesterday morning.  It was my brain's way of getting me ready for the mind numbing, sick to my stomach headache it had planned for me later in the day.  Fortunately, I rarely get sick, but when I do have something out of whack, it's usually way out.  Anyhoo, nothing a good night's rest and several hundred milligrams of Motrin couldn't solve.  Much better this morning.

Remember how I said I didn't shower, but then I told you I lied, well, lying is kind of becoming a thing for me.

I decided not to start the 7 Days Of Conceal Carry this week.  I have been working on something, so that I can offer real solutions for some of you, but it didn't turn out how I had hoped.  I was just going to try to make it work, but then a friend offered to help, so it's coming, but not this week.

My man has been out of town and will be home in a few hours.  I have been preoccupied with his arrival, so again no real post.  My plan for the day is to shove put my kids on the bus, head out for a quick run, shower(even gonna shave), take care of 2 must do PTA errands and then do some research(except you know, we are married).

To keep yourselves occupied during this brief(or not so brief, if I'm lucky) absence go here and here. Then go here and here.  After you read up on guns and the antis go here for some rest and relaxation.  I always leave there feeling uplifted, peaceful and usually hungry.

21 Comments:

At May 16, 2012 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Broken Andy said...

Heh! Research. :)

 
At May 16, 2012 at 5:02 AM , Blogger Maura said...

Even gonna shave? Wow, you must really like him.

:-P

Have fun storming the Castle!

 
At May 16, 2012 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Tango Juliet said...

He's been out of town? Hmm... I think the headache can be explained by withdrawal.

heheheh

 
At May 16, 2012 at 7:14 AM , Blogger The Lowry Place said...

Oops I knew I forgot to do something this morning. *Shower* Doh!

Glad your feeling better, headaches are awful.

 
At May 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM , Blogger TheMinuteman said...

Glad you're seeking the full cure for your headache.

The wife and I both fell over laughing this morning when we read your post.

 
At May 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Blogger God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Just hang a sock on the blog... if you don't have a Do Not Disturb sign...

Dann in Ohio

 
At May 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Blogger An Ordinary American said...

I'm STILL blushing. . .

--AOA

 
At May 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Research. Nice. Have a good time in the "lab"!

(and yes...handcuffs, motor oil, and a hand-crank mixer are legitimate research tools)

 
At May 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Maura said...

"Hang a sock on the blog" - I'm still giggling at that...

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:20 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Indeed!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:20 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Good point!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:21 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Ha! Thanks, I hate not feeling well!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:21 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Good! Glad I made you guys laugh:)

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I so need a blog sock...lol

Hilarious!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Sorry:)

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:25 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Hand-crank...motor oil...you guys must never get headaches.

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:52 AM , Blogger kymber said...

so glad to hear that you are better - headaches suck! and thanks for such a sweet mention. you are such a hoot - i love it!

your friend,
kymber

 
At May 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Heh. I had a screamin' migraine whilst typing that. (and the hand-crank mixer is a vague reference back to Tom Hanks' "<a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086927>Bachelor Party</a>". "Research" does absolutely nothing to cure a guy's headache, but it still feels good and we'll pretty much take whatever research we can get.

 
At May 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

See, not watching TV and movies messes with me again. I never get the references.:)

Sorry about the headache...hope your better today.

 
At May 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

:)

 
At May 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Its an older, less-responsible Tom Hanks movie. Note: probably best to preview the movie before letting younger, more impressionable eyes watch it (says the guy who watched it at a Boy Scout campout when he was about 14...). But definitely a classic, one of the better comedies Hanks ever did!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home