This page has moved to a new address.

A Word From M, My 13 Year Old

A Girl and Her Gun: A Word From M, My 13 Year Old

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Word From M, My 13 Year Old

I do not write about anyone without their permission. I have asked everyone before I talk about them here if they are comfortable with me doing so. The last few posts where I mention my family, specifically M and my hubby, were approved by both of them ahead of time.

M was reading the post "You Make It Sound So Easy" and she decided she wanted me to clarify something from her.

She said...

"Mom, I want people to know that I was angry because I was scared and confused and I didn't understand what was happening, but I always loved you. I want them to know that even though sometimes I was grumpy, you were there for me. Every time I needed you, which was a lot, you were always there. Our family was hurting, but we were still close. Our family isn't like those so called friends who turned their backs on us, who walked out when we needed them, we were never gonna walk out on each other. I just want them to know that. Can you tell them?"

I assured her that you all know that, but she wanted you to hear it from her.

**edited**  She is gonna kill me, she is actually 14. Recent birthday and I guess I am not ready to let her grow up:)

18 Comments:

At May 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous amy b - Dames not Damsels said...

This made me a bit misty eyed. You have a lovely family.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM , Blogger kymber said...

tell her that we appreciated hearing from her...and thank her for her clarification. so sorry that she is 14 - she's a little woman now no matter how hard you try to not let her grow up - teeheee!

your friend,
kymber

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:53 AM , Blogger poniegirl004 said...

She is a very thoughtful and considerate young lady - it is hard to let them grow up I know.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hug her and tell her you love her. Because you never know...

gfa

 
At May 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Awesome! Sounds like a 14-year-old who's got her stuff together! :high-five:

 
At May 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Blogger TheMinuteman said...

You're just trying to prolong putting up the barbed-wire and cleaning the shotguns as they start showing up. That's all.

That reminds me of when I fist met the future in laws. Showing me the gun "collection". I rolled my eyes, laughed and said, "That's a start".

M is very smart and wise beyond her current years. She can be proud of her self for that. (Besides if she was 13 it would be even more impressive right?) ;)

 
At May 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is wise beyond her years and sounds like a blessing to you and your family.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I do have a lovely family. Thank you.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Ugh, that is not the news I was looking for:)

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Yes, she is and she is a fighter!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I do. Several times a day everyday. Thanks and big hugs to you.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Well, she is pretty special.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Lol, hadn't thought of barbed wire...good idea:)

I am proud of her. She handled a tough year far better than many adults I know and she didn't use any of it as an excuse to be rotten. She had a few hard months,found peace and acceptance and is back on track. Very, very proud:)

 
At May 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks Lynne!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Old NFO said...

LOL, gotta 'love' teens... :-)

 
At May 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Lol, I know. She is smart and sweet and dramatic and kind and over the top and well, a teenager. She is as good as gold. Makes me crazy and happy and proud all in the same day.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM , Blogger 45er said...

She sounds amazing.

 
At May 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM , Blogger Rob said...

Sounds like my youngest daughter, 14 going on 21 in intelligence. Thank god she still thinks of boys as, eh so what.
She knows between me and her 3 brothers no one would be safe. She has the option to go back to public school, (high school0 and she thought about it and said pass. I'll stay with home school. She is not a am person.

Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home