This page has moved to a new address.

Vacation

A Girl and Her Gun: Vacation

Friday, April 6, 2012

Vacation

Tomorrow morning my family is heading to the Outer Banks, NC for Spring Break. We are lucky in that our vacations are always fabulous. My kids are great travelers both by air and by car. We love stopping at little hole in the wall diners and even if something goes wrong, we seriously, just laugh. I love it, but I will tell you with all the great memories we have had, I have never looked forward to a vacation more.

No real reason other than a busy life and a real desire to just be with the people I love. I am extremely fond of them and I am looking forward to 10 days of spoiling them and loving on them and doing the whole wife/mommy thing without the distractions of normal life.

I might blog, but it's more likely I will post a quick note here or there on FB.

Try not to do anything funny, fabulous or earth shattering while I am gone. Sure I want you all to go on without me, but not as much as I want to be here for all your ups and downs.

Be safe, watch your six and if all else fails, fight!

19 Comments:

At April 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM , Blogger eiaftinfo said...

Safe travels - enjoy!!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Maura said...

South Nag's Head is one of my very favorite places on the planet. Time stops when I am there - the pic at the bottom of my blog is of my feet on the ledge of the 3rd story deck at the beach house.

Have a wonderful vacation!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Have fun!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Tango Juliet said...

Have fun and travel safe!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Weer'd Beard said...

Have fun, and safe travels!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to get together this week.

 
At April 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Brock Townsend said...

Upper or lower banks? We are in the latter.

 
At April 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Hatteras...lower???

 
At April 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Glad you enjoyed Williamsburg. Another time!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

It is peaceful there.

 
At April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Brock Townsend said...

The town of Hatteras would be in the lower upper.:) If you take
the ferry from Ocracoke to Cedar Island then you reach the lower banks and can drive on down to Beaufort and eventually to Emerald Isle. We live across the bridge from there in Cape Cartert. The ferry is fun and if you get down here please let me know.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 1:56 AM , Blogger Keads said...

The ferry is fun and if you buy a coffee mug on board you get coffee for free anytime after that.

Enjoy the stay and sorry I could not get there next week!

Oh, if for whatever reason you get around Charlotte, NC y'all have a place to stay.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Brock we will check it out when we get there and see. We really have nothing planned per se except relaxing, so it might workout. Really looking forward to the trip!

 
At April 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks Keads. Same to you if you are in VA:)

 
At April 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

TJ-THANK YOU!!

 
At April 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Brock Townsend said...

How long is your vacation?

 
At April 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Blogger 45er said...

Hey, we're heading to Florida next week. I'm with you in hoping the blogosphere doesn't blow up while I'm gone.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Larry said...

You couldn't have gotten any better weather for it. Hope everyone has a great time!

And of course it goes without saying that if you are ever in Raleigh, blah blah blah...(and your internet BFF isn't too far away from me either :D )

 
At April 8, 2012 at 4:36 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

We are here until next Saturday. Do you want to drop me an email? Agirlandhergun@gmail.com

 
At April 8, 2012 at 4:37 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Right backatcha Larry!

The weather is gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home