This page has moved to a new address.

Thank You

A Girl and Her Gun: Thank You

Friday, December 16, 2011

Thank You

When I got that not so nice email the other day, I was taken aback a bit, but I wasn't upset.

While I have had mostly positive responses to my transition, I did have a few negative comments and responses in the beginning from friends and, of course, I am aware of a very active anti-gun lobby out there, so on some level I was prepared for the possibility that someone might get ugly with me one day.

What I was not prepared for was the support I received from all of you.

Your kindness has left me speechless and moved.

I really appreciate the time you all have taken to leave a comment of support and advice.

When I started this blog it really was for me and my daughter. I have no expertise to offer and I have nothing to sale, so I have never solicited readers(except for when I tried to raise money for Wounder Warriors)because I never dreamed anyone else would care what I wrote and I really was neive to the blogging community that exists.

When the very generous man from Dragon Holsters contacted me and told me about some of the wonderful blogs out there, I was thrilled. A whole new place/places for me to go and learn. Sure, I often find myself googling and researching what I read because it is over my head, but I have learned much and I have laughed and I have thoroughly enjoyed.

To think that something I wrote impacted someone else is very moving to me and to have people of your(collective your) caliber(no pun intended) take time to encourage me and offer me sound advice has meant more to me than you will know.

With all sincerity and genunion affection, THANK YOU!!

3 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Blogger TheMinuteman said...

I have no expertise to offer and I have nothing to sale, so I have never solicited readers(except for when I tried to raise money for Wounder Warriors)because I never dreamed anyone else would care what I wrote and I really was neive to the blogging community that exists.

You do have something to offer, a point of view not everyone has. It provides an extra resource to tell people who find themselves in a similar situation two very important things.
1) You're not alone.
2) There is light at the end of the tunnel and you can find more freedom than you had before.

Blogging has been a form a therapy for you, at the same time reading it can be therapeutic for others.

 
At December 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger That Guy said...

Thank you for sharing your story. My wife has a couple of guns and her CHL, and I think you make somne points and articulate some things in a way I can't. I'm a guy, and am just hardwired different.

I'll start referencing her here when I get stumped :)

 
At December 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger 45er said...

What That Guy said is correct. He and I have had a CHL for many, many (many) years, but we are guys. Women can offer so much to other women that guys just don't have the experience in dealing with. Everything from how a holster rides to the emotions you feel. I try to read and learn so I can know these things to help my wife. Thanks again for doing a great job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home