This page has moved to a new address.

National Take Your Daughter To The Range Day

A Girl and Her Gun: National Take Your Daughter To The Range Day

Friday, June 8, 2012

National Take Your Daughter To The Range Day








I met Lynne several months ago.  I started following her blog about the same time she started following mine.  We share a passion for women, firearms, and helping, so our friendship was bound to grow.

One day Lynne posted a status update that said "Hey what do you all think of a National Take Your Daughter To The Range Day?"  Everyone liked it and there was much chitchat about how cool it would be.  A week or so later she had a website and some basic info on the idea.  A week later a donate button was installed which I have hit several times.  Next thing I know her little  FaceBook idea exploded into a national phenomenon.  Pure joy to watch her shine.

Tomorrow I have the honor and privilege to work the event taking place at the NRA Headquarters Range in Fairfax, Virginia.   I am so excited to be a part of this day!!!

If you are going to be there be sure to say hi and if not hopefully many of you will be participating at ranges near you!!


15 Comments:

At June 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM , Blogger Matt W said...

I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to go to the range with me. Great idea, have fun at the event today!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Broken Andy said...

Unfortunately, not in the cards for me this year.

 
At June 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks! It will be fun when you can go!!!

Sorry if I wasn't clear...the event is tomorrow.

 
At June 8, 2012 at 5:30 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I know. You are doing other cool dad stuff:). We will miss you.

 
At June 8, 2012 at 6:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you there! Thank you for all of your support and encouragement!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Old NFO said...

That's great! Shoot em good!!! :-)

 
At June 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Home on the Range said...

Great job Lynne!!

Have a wonderful time!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks! We will!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Always:)

 
At June 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Lol...ok!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Keads said...

Have fun!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Working on the weekend!?!? Being at the NRA Range for the daily grind sounds terrible!!! (I kid, I kid)

 
At June 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

....am I the only one who noticed that AGirl has "a passion for women"? My dirty mind immediately flashed up with "hey, so do I!"

Unfortunately, it'll be a year or two before our little knucklehead is old/mature enough to head to the range...I know she wants to, because she keeps asking to see the guns (which we let her do, supervised, of course), and responds to the bribe "if you start behaving, you can go to the gun range with Mommy and Daddy when you're old enough". Hey...whatever works to prevent toddler melt-down, right? I do SO look forward to that day, though!

 
At June 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM , Blogger GunDiva said...

I can't wait for the pictures! Wish we had one in our area, but no range this year. Maybe next year. I'm living vicariously through you and Lynne.

 
At June 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Sheryl Grimes said...

Just another reason why I keep trying to convince my hubby that we need to try for a girl!!! :) Awesome idea, keep up the good work MY GIRLS!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home