This page has moved to a new address.

This And That

A Girl and Her Gun: This And That

Monday, January 9, 2012

This And That

First, I want to say thank you again to everyone who has entered the Give-A-Way.  I truly thought maybe 20 people would enter and after the 3rd day with only entry, I thought, well this is going to be easy, but on day 6, here I sit with  hundreds of entries.

I think it is remarkable how many of you are taking a proactive steps in defense of your life and freedoms.  You rock!!!

Second, I really want to apologize.  This blog thing is kicking my butt.  I had no idea how many emails I would get from so many of you.

I love it.

I love not getting an ounce of sleep because there is something about me, that has compelled you to want to share part of your life's story with me.  I promise you I am reading them all and I care very much.  I am humbled and blessed by each of you.  I am trying to respond and to visit everyone's blogs, but sometime I read one and think I will get to it, but then more pour in and I don't back to it.  I need a better system.

Let me tell you that it never, ever, not once occurred to me that anyone would read this blog.  I was woefully unprepared for the way it has exploded over the past few months.  I am trying to balance my real life with my virtual life.  I have made real friends through this blog.  People I have connected with and who have impacted my life on a deeper more personal level and it is important to me that I nurture those relationships.  I want to give back by commenting on their blogs, sending emails, and just being there for them.  I also have a ton of kids and a hubby who need me plus I am still trying to learn all things guns.  So, if I have not gotten back to you please know that it is an oversight.  I can not guarantee I will get back to you, but I am trying. I appreciate your comments on this blog and through email.  Really, I do.

Thirdly, to all you bloggers out there...sorry again.  I am realizing(I kind of suspected) I don't know what the heck I am doing.  If I have forgot to credit you or ask your permission or broke a rule, I really didn't mean to.  Thank God for North sending me emails from time to time to tell me how jacked up I am and telling me how to fix it, or this could have been even uglier.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I am all kinds of whacked, but I am having a blast and trying extremely hard.

That is all. Carry on.

8 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM , Blogger North said...

That North guy really is the coolest person on the internet. Just ask him. He'll say so himself!

:-D

Thanks, AGirl. Glad to be of help!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Crud, I should have linked you. Gonna fix that.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Newbius said...

Word of advice: Real Life should ALWAYS come first. If you let the virtual life absorb you (and it can and will if you let it), your real life interactions will suffer. Take care of Real Life, and everything else is gravy. :) You are doing this for you, not us (not that we are complaining). Take care of you and yours.

All the best,

Newbius

 
At January 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM , Blogger GunDiva said...

I think we all learned the hard way :)

 
At January 9, 2012 at 7:48 PM , Blogger 45er said...

You're doing fantastic. I imagine you get a ton more contact than me and I spend all evening catching up with stuff I follow. Don't worry about breaking any rules since there aren't any. The only courtesy that really is important is asking a blogger to use content. No one will get mad if you link their blog or put them in your side-bar. If they don't want traffic, they need to delete their blog. You do a great job replying to comments and that goes a long way to making people feel welcome. I'll pass on some sage advice from Old NFO. Blog when you want. It's about you. Still, at some point you feel you owe your readers something, right? What did I get myself into? LOL. Just enjoy yourself.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One piece of advice: Don't even try to keep up with all the gun bloggers out there. Too many.

Yes, I have a blog. No I won't be upset or offended if you never visit, comment or link me.

Heck, I don't even blog much any more. Just seems like I end up repeating the same stuff I said on it years ago and I'm not even that good a writer. There are way too many people (like you) out there who have much more compelling stories than I and are MUCH better at writing those stories down.

But I digress. The point is: don't kill yourself over this stuff. Do what you can, write when you can, but don't turn it into a job and don't let it become a burden to you or a strain on your family. There are more important things in life than blogging. Like...say...living it.

And thanks for sharing. What you have written has been wonderfully refreshing for someone who constantly struggles with pessimism and doubt.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Critter said...

If memory serves this is what's known as a learning curve, so it's no sin. All you have to do is keep learning.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Mortalis09 said...

RSS is a lifesaver when it comes to keeping up with stuff lol every one of you who's blog i enjoy reading i go ahead and subscribe the their RSS feed with my e-mail program - makes it much easier to keep track of stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home