This page has moved to a new address.

Light A Candle Or...

A Girl and Her Gun: Light A Candle Or...

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Light A Candle Or...

Collin Goddard and The Brady Campaign have a very interesting approach to violence.

The basic principal is for people to walk around blindly hoping nothing bad happens to them and if something bad does happen, you are to give the bad guy everything he wants.

In the event that things starts to get ugly,  just play dead and again hope you make it out alive, but whatever you do, do not fight back.

The bad guy might get mad.

If by some miracle you do make it out of there, then you have a new mission.

Spend the rest of your life trying to convenience the rest of the world what a great plan being a victim is.

The only thing stupider then their plan, would be me. I actually followed it to a "T".

I walked around blindly giving no thought to my safety, until the bad guy wouldn't let me any longer.

Their plan didn't serve me to well and it sucked the day my eyes were slammed wide open.

Let me just say...

IT ISN'T A GOOD PLAN!

Here's a better one...

STOP walking around blindly.

STOP with the victim mindset.

It is isn't serving you or me or anyone well.

Make a plan.

One that includes being responsible for your own life.

Carry a gun, don't carry a gun, I don't care(except you really should carry a gun and actually, I care deeply), but have a plan to be proactive in defense of YOUR life.

I can promise you, the bad guy has a plan for you and it ain't pretty.

Here is one of the many things I do as part of my plan...

This is my holster.  This is my gun.  It is loaded.  It is chambered.  And except for the very rare occasion when the law prevents me, it resides on my left hip.

For more on this go to Weer'd World

6 Comments:

At January 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

I am not looking forward to today's events commemorating the January 8th shootings. Lighting a candle to prevent gun violence is just silly to me. Gabby Giffords is my neighbor, literally, and I hate what happened to her. But I wonder if the good folks at the Brady Campaign would be interested to know that I bought my first gun as a direct result of the shootings. That I wanted to protect myself, and my family, and the only way I can do that is to carry a gun. The Brady Campaign subscribes to the theory that taking away guns will take away crime. How they figure that out, is beyond me. So, today I will not light a candle, and I will also carry my gun with me. THAT is how I plan on commemorating today.

 
At January 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Comfortably Numb said...

You obviously broke the last item in their plan "Spend the rest of your life trying to convenience the rest of the world what a great plan being a victim is".

You have turned your tragic encounter into a battle to prepare yourself in case an evil person tries to mark you as a victim again (sucks to be him). You also turned that encounter into a personal crusade to inform and enlighten others so that when they are confronted by the evil of the world - they will not respond as a victim.

After reading your blog for the last 6 months - I have seen the pain this caused you. You pulled yourself out of the depths and have done a great job proving the victim syndrome does not work. Well done, congratulations, kudos, etc...

I am not much for the symbolism of lighting candles (my wife will do that with both our guns and post it on her site). I plan to reload a thousand rounds or so today as my way of showing the victim syndrome does not and will not work.

Keep up the great work. You are helping a lot of people out there.

 
At January 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Andrea, this is why I love ya. You are one great lady.

Comfortably Numb, thank so much. I get symbolism, but it's just that a symbol and one size does not fit all. I think it is amazing how this community supports each other's rights to express their beliefs their way. That is rare. I have been working on a post about just that, but like 2 other posts I'm working on, I can't quite express what I want to say. I love the candle thing and I love the way different people have expressed themselves through it, but reloading 1000 rounds is a mighty powerful statement and plus the real fun comes when you unload them:)

 
At January 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM , Blogger The Jack said...

Great story.

The choice is stark, given what their side's plan is versus what our side's plan is.

And the proof is in the pudding at how well it's worked out.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Old NFO said...

Very nice!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Critter said...

"It is better to light a flame thrower than to curse the darkness."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home