This page has moved to a new address.

It's Give-A-Way Time Again

A Girl and Her Gun: It's Give-A-Way Time Again

Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Give-A-Way Time Again

A month ago I was contacted by woman from White Dog Holsters and she asked if she could donate a holster to me for a future Give-A-Way.  I had, of course, heard of her company and knew their reputation to be excellent, so I said, yes, yes, yes and thank you!!!  I have had the pleasure of getting to know her on a more personal level and I just love her.  She is an amazing lady.



About 2 days after I got the email from White Dog Holsters I received an email from a very nice man, Cambert Allan Carter,  asking if he could donate money to me that I would then use to help a woman or two get some training.  We have also chatted back and forth several times and to say I have a fondness for this man would be a HUGE understatement. 

He sent me xx amount of dollars and said that I could do whatever I wanted with it, but he hoped that I would use some of it for my own training.  My first inclination was to say no because I am not very gracious at receiving, but it is something that I am trying to get better at, so I told him I was honored and that I would accept his gift, but upon further reflection I have decided to use his full amount plus some of my own money towards helping other women get training and here is why.

I am extremely fortunate to have access to the kind of training I get.  I have attended more trainings in one year than some people attend in 5 years.  I have one on one training from 2 of the best trainers in the country.  I can ask questions of them anytime, I can get advice(sometimes even when I don't like it or want it), I work with one or both of them on an almost weekly basis.  I have been to 5 training courses this year and I have only paid for 2. Daily, I get emails from people telling me how cost prohibitive training is for them.  How they wish they could afford the kind of training I do and how they wish they could find the quality of instruction I have. Training is expensive and while I believe it is worth every penny, I understand the realities of life and budgeting, heck, I can't even afford the kind of training I get. Therefore, I can not in good conscience take money from someone who needs it and plus I really do think it's better to give than receive.

Here it goes...

The Gift 
First Place-
-$200 toward firearms training
-An OWB Holster from White Dog Holsters
-100 rounds of ammo in .380, 9mm, 40 cal or 45 ACP
-The Cornered Cat: A Woman's Guide To Concealed Carry
-$25 Gift Certificate To MidwayUSA donated by Keads
-Glow Shot Reactive Target Multi-Color Targets donated by Mazie(Previous Give a Way Winner)
-Do-All "The Dancing Ball" Target donated by Mazie(Previous Give-A-Way Winner)
-For the beginner in shotgun or the more advanced shooter, we have the right challenge. I would give away a 4 hr. shotgun class, a $550.00 value. The ability and interest of the winner would determine what we cover. We then will set up a class for them, tailored to suit their specific needs. Donated by Sopris Shooters(this is a separate gift and NOT part of the $250 to be spent on a defensive shooting course)

Second Place-
-$200 toward firearms training
-100 rounds of ammo in .380, 9mm, 40 cal or 45 ACP
-The Cornered Cat: A Woman's Guide To Concealed Carry
-$25 Gift Certificate To MidwayUSA donated by Keads

-Glow Shot Reactive Target Multi-Color Targets donated by Maize(Previous Contest Winner)

*If one or both of the winners live in or near Virginia: A shopping trip(for expert advice on firearms or gear) to a local gun shop OR one hour of private instruction donated by Lynne.

 RULES
-This is for women only, ages 21 or older
-Must be used for a firearm training course to include some range time
-Course must be held in The United States of America by a reputable instructor/course(determined by me)
-Entries must be received by Tuesday July 3, 2012 (Drawing to held on Wednesday July 4rd, 2012)
-Must be signed up for an approved course by December 1st, 2012 or forfeit prize.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must send an email to agirlandhergun@gmail.com You MUST include your full name and email address.  Entries missing information will not be entered. All personal information will be kept private and confidential.  Each entry will receive a number and that number is all that will appear on the blog when the winner is announced.

**If you have entered a previous Give-A-Way, you may enter again. If you have won one, you may not:)

**This Give-A-Way is open to all levels of training not just a basic course.

19 Comments:

At June 4, 2012 at 7:11 AM , Blogger The Lowry Place said...

So exciting! Good luck to everyone entered.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Anonymous Mrs. Groundhog said...

So exciting!!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Mrs. Groundhog said...

Just sent out the information for the contest to 6 ladies across the country that either shoot or want to.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! If someone wins in Norther Virgina area, I will offer their choice or a shopping trip to a local gun shop or one hour of private instruction on the range.

Keep paying it forward, you are doing amazing work!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM , Blogger The Lost Goat said...

I need access to training more than I need money. Anyone know of anything good in Louisiana?

 
At June 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Snarky RN said...

Awesome!!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM , Blogger GunDiva said...

Fabulous! Can I repost?

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great,Thanks, Granny D

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Veronica said...

Entered! Crossing my fingers... :-)

 
At June 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Of course!! Please do.

 
At June 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Great! I already heard from one!

 
At June 5, 2012 at 2:59 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Super! Thanks Lynne!

 
At June 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM , Blogger Keads said...

AGirl,

I'm in for the usual stuff if you want it. 25 dollar gift certificates to MidwayUSA for the winners.

 
At June 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Sent my email in and keeping my fingers crossed here in the land of enchantment and no women's gun clubs :0(

 
At June 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Your awesome! I will add your generous gift to the list!

 
At June 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM , Anonymous Naomi Moss said...

I hope you don't mind, but I put this on my facebook page. I started offering basic handgun courses about a month ago and this is wonderful! I agree that more people should have gun knowledge and training for women is needed. I love your blog and am a frequent reader.

 
At June 8, 2012 at 4:29 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Of course I don't mind. Share.

 
At June 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great way to educate. In other countries everyone learns to handle weapons as they serve in the public defenses. This is a Great opportunity....

 
At June 12, 2012 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Mazie said...

I'd like to donate a pack of Glow Shot Reactive Multi-Color Targets to each winner, and also a Do-All outdoors bouncing target called 'The Dancing Ball'- I'd like to add one of these to the 1st place winner's package. You've all done so much for me, I'd like to do in kind.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home