This page has moved to a new address.

A Look Back

A Girl and Her Gun: A Look Back

Friday, March 2, 2012

A Look Back

I do not know the exact day that my daughter and I were walking in that parking lot.  I foolishly did not file a police report, I did not go to the doctor, in fact, for for a couple of days I was kind of in a fog.  I know it was the beginning of March and that it was only a couple weeks before my Conceal Carry class, but the exact date I am not sure.  It's irrelevant really, but here it is March again and that makes it about a year since that day.  The ups and downs have been well documented on this blog, fortunately I think there have been far more good things than bad.  Lets take a look at all that has happened since that day:

I bought a gun.  A Glock .27 to be exact
I took an intense training
I learned to trust myself
I got stronger
I learned to take risks
I learned to forgive myself
I learned the truth is always better than the lie, even if that lie is to protect others.
I shot a lot of guns
I met some incredible people-Do you know I still get several hundred people a week that view that post?
I became stronger
I learned how to take care of myself
I bought enough ammo to arm a small country...shot most of it
I bought a Ruger LCP
I bought a Thompson .22LR for my daughter
I bought a Mosin Nagant
I took 2 more training classes and have a 3rd one scheduled for this month
I introduced a friend to shooting and later this year she will be attending her first training
I contributed to helping a woman get training and a receive whole heck of a lot of gear
I helped support other woman both financially and emotional on their journey to becoming more free
I cussed a bit
I am learning how to stand up for myself
I got a new BFF
I learned I am tougher than I thought
I learned the difference between double action and single action(that was a hard fought battle)
I was reminded of what really matters and how to fight for it
I learned what tongue punch meant(not everything was good)
I learned that it is ok to freak out
I learned I won't break
I am helping my daughter heal
I am healing
I discovered a new passion
I faced fears and overcame them
I lost 10 pounds
I took chances
I find courage and strength I never knew I had.  I found it in the support and love of others and I found it in myself.  All and all I would say it has been a pretty good year.




18 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Duke said...

Glad to see you come out stronger. Your story brings hope to others.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Larry said...

About that ten pounds...*looks down*...yeah, I think I found it.

Good for you!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM , Blogger davidc said...

Bravo ! Keep up the good work !!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Tango Juliet said...

A Glock .27? Those are positively wicked! :)

 
At March 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Old NFO said...

I think it's fair to say you've truly had an eye opening experience, on BOTH sides, and come away a stronger, better person in the long run...

 
At March 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Garand Gal said...

HUGS! You are AWESOME!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Stephen said...

All of us old gunny's are damn proud of you...well done.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM , Blogger 45er said...

What Stephen said. You've had a heck of a year.

"I bought enough ammo to arm a small country...shot most of it"

This made me giggle. I remember when I started buying ammo by the case. I thought, "Oh, I'll be able to stock up and will always have some for the range." Strange, I can never make it stick around.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:49 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

That means a lot to me coming from you, thank you.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:50 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks!

It's to fun. I really need to win that lottery, so I can stock up enough to make the government nervous:)

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:50 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

So are you!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:51 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks for supporting me this past year. It's been extremely valuable.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:52 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

:) in that case, I don't mind being a little hippie.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:53 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

It's the only reason I keep telling it. Thank you.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:54 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

No one wins alone. We are doing good aren't we. I don't think the antis have a chance against us.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:54 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thank you so much!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:55 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

She's pretty cool!!

 
At March 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Critter said...

heh, you're doomed. smoking crack would be cheaper. :p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home