This page has moved to a new address.

Get Ready

A Girl and Her Gun: Get Ready

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Get Ready

i am sitting in the airport waiting to board my plane home and I am totally exhausted. I have so much to tell you all...so much. I might be like a kid with a new toy at Christmas, unable to talk about anything else.

For now, let me say I had a life time of experiences this weekend and not all of them were on the range.

To be expected Kathy was calm, confident, smart, funny, a wealth of information and a darn good shot. Not that I am qualified to evaluate, but anytime someone shoots countless rounds while talking and teaching and seems to place each round in the same small hole...well, that is a good shot.

My letter about the gun community just keeps getting reaffirmed and reaffirmed. The women I met were incredible. Not the polite kind one is obligated to say after such events, but the kind that makes me wish I lived closer to these women. All were a blessing and were sweet as could be, but a few in particular made a permanent mark on my heart.

Ok, plane is getting ready to board. I missed you all. Can't wait to catch up on all your blogs tomorrow!!

13 Comments:

At February 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM , Blogger JD said...

", but the kind that makes me wish I lived closer to these women"

I know what you mean, after my weekend @ TDI I wanted to move to Ohio.

 
At February 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM , Blogger 45er said...

What you said about the community, multiply times ten for the women in the community. They are an incredible group. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you had a great time.

 
At February 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Weer'd Beard said...

Cue the Music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKHz94rGpk

Safe travels!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM , Blogger GunDiva said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm shooting at my first indoor range tomorrow. It feels...odd.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Dean Carder said...

I've got to get my wife to start reading your blog! Congratulations on taking the class! I wish more women had your determination to make a change like this in their lives. I eagerly await the tales of your shooting sojorn.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 7:50 AM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Safe travels! Glad to hear you had a blast (pun definitely intended) at the training, wish I could find a way to send my wife to one....or both of us, although I'd look kinda out of place at a women's training class. LOL Lookin forward to hearing about what all went down!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Arktwins said...

I can't believe it went by so fast. When they said they were going to change partners, I was bummed at first. I came to this class with a friend and I was nervous for her and me when they made us switch partners. Can I say...'I AM SO GLAD THEY DID!" It was an awesome pleasure meeting you and shooting with you. You may not know it, but you taught me a lot too. The biggest one, to face your fears and take them head on, and Lady, may I say you are taking them HEAD ON! I am proud of you. You are one strong Lady!! (HUGS)

 
At February 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Hi! Hi! Hi! Well, you know I felt the same way. I did not want to leave Eicka...lol. Then I got you and I said, this will be ok and then minute by minute it just got better and better!

You are to sweet to me. I am blessed to have met you!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

You know Kathy actually teaches more coed classes then all female? She is teaching a coed class in VA in Sept:)

 
At February 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Can't wait to hear about your experience!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Looking forward to hearing about the class and all you saw and learned.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Well, when she mosey's on over to Texass, I'll have to sign us up for a class! Plane tickets are out of the budget for the time being, as well, unfortunately.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Home on the Range said...

I'm glad it was everything you expected. I'm not surprised with Kathy running things. She's gifted, kind and understanding, in more ways than one.

Can't wait to hear more about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home