This page has moved to a new address.

I Wil Call Her...

A Girl and Her Gun: I Wil Call Her...

Monday, February 13, 2012

I Wil Call Her...

Ok, real quick. I loved all the names and I can not tell you how much I appreciated everyone giving me their thoughts and input. Really, it meant a lot to me.

I wanted a name that had meaning both historically to the gun and to me personally. Several suggestions fit one or the other, but only one fit both. I had two readers suggest the name I picked. One left a comment on the blog and one sent me an email. I will send them both a box of chocolate.

The name I chose is Anastasiya. I will use the traditional Russian spelling and it means "resurrection" It is defined as "the literal coming back to life".

I don't think I need to say anymore.

Chris in TX email me your address to agirlandhergun@gmail.com

7 Comments:

At February 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Groundhog said...

But, but... mini me is out of the question?

 
At February 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM , Blogger 45er said...

A nice, long name just like the gun. Now you need to go on a quest for Mosin humor. It is out there and it is hilarious.

 
At February 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM , Blogger JB said...

One step ahead of 45er... http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm :D

 
At February 14, 2012 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Paul Erickson said...

Congratulations on naming the Mosin!! It really fits you as you have been resurrected with strength and determination.

May all the rounds shot out of her have a smile behind them!

 
At February 14, 2012 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Molly B. said...

Congrats on new addition to the family (don't know much about them but it sure looks like a very cool rifle!) and I love the name you decided to go with! Glad you got out and took her shooting; I actually went out and shot my new SP101 Saturday for the first time, as well...even though it was single digit temps (- 11 degrees with windchill!) and loved i (the gun, not the cold)! Look forward to learning more about your new guns along with you! ;)

 
At February 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Critter said...

now where did i put that case of 7.62x54r?

 
At February 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Chris in TX said...

I'm honored. I had no idea the name meant resurrection, but it's fitting. A weapon designed for the czars, built over a half century ago, left to languish in an armoury, now has a new life thanks to you. With proper care she will serve for decades to come. Well done, and email sent.

BTW, my M-N Tanya is 80 years old this year. I hope I'm still as good looking (and functional) when I get that age.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home