This page has moved to a new address.

Guess What??

A Girl and Her Gun: Guess What??

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Guess What??

I am going to another training.  I am very excited about this one because not only do I get to spend all day  training, but I also get to finally meet a new friend face to face!

Several months ago Lynne from National Take Your Daughter To The Range Day sent me a lovely email and the two of us started emailing back and forth.  We found that we have a lot in common, some good qualities like wanting to help women and some not so good life experiences. Lynne is one of those amazing women that you just want to spend time with. One day she told me she had read that I was giving up money that I had saved for my own training and that I was offering that money to a new shooter.  Remember that little Give-A-Way I did?  Hi Mrs. Groundhog.  Well, she didn't want me to have to give up a training so she asked me if I would be interested in taking a course at the place where she instructs.  I told her I would absolutely love to, but that I would pay my own way.  She insisted that I not. We went back and forth on this, but eventually, I let her out nice me and I not so graciously accepted.  As it turns out, when she told Evan Carson, President and Founder of Innovative Defensive Solutions, LLC,  about me, he offered to let me take the course on him. 

What is the course you ask...I am attending the NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course. 

So, this Saturday, I will be heading to Northern Virginia and adding to my resume another quality class taught by the one of the best.  I will, of course, tell you all about it.

As an aside, I want to say that my life is getting a little tiny bit hectic. I am playing catch up from my trip to Memphis and I am no where near close to being caught up. It is vitally important to me that none of my "life" comes before my kiddos.  Clearly, I believe training is paramount to my being able to stay alive, therefore, I can be a mommy for a good long time and is an important part of me being able to keep those little ones safe, but if I am not doing the right things...hugging, snuggling, reading, homework, making special meals and all that, being alive is not worth much.  Please understand that I might be neglecting you all, for the next few weeks, but I will do my best not to. 

I have another post on hold announcing an exciting venture(probably will post that later today) I am involved in. I also have 2 stories from 2 incredible women I have been wanting to share with you.  I have about 5 blogs I want to mention and I have just given up doing a quote of the day, even though there are 6 or 7 a day I could post.  Not sure when all of that will get taken care, but those are just a few things on my blog plate.

I am off to that life thing I have been talking about.  Have a marvelous day!!!!


11 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Monty On Guns said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about the NRA training. Sounds like a very good course. Great job being a Mom. That's the most important job in the world.

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Blogger cwedel said...

Lucky you! That Lynne is one awesome lady for sure! Hope you have a great time!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Blogger poniegirl004 said...

Sounds exciting! I am so with you on the kids first! There are so many training classes (both shooting, search and rescue, medical...) I want to take. I know all will help me in the long run but at this exact moment in time I have to be restrained and focus on my boys and the baby on the way (and I think the husband would like a little attention everyonce in a while too!). Reading everything I can get on the topics I want to learn more on then hopefully in the fall can start adding in some hands on training a little at a time.

Kudos to you for being able to identify your priorities and identify what is best for you and the family. Your husband and kids are very blessed indeed.

 
At February 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Critter said...

i like ravioli most of all. :)

 
At February 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! Can't wait to meet!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM , Blogger 45er said...

This is so great. Get all of the training that you can while you can.

 
At February 23, 2012 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Paul Erickson said...

Sounds awesome! Karma has a great long term memory and all the wonderful things you're doing come back to you. Your kindness and generosity for others has come back to you. Enjoy the classes and that class is one I've been particularly interested in as well. I'm curious to see what kinds of things you learn!

 
At February 23, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Alfred E Newman said...

It's great that you're getting out there, meeting people, getting training. I took PPITH a while back, and it was very interesting.

Give me a shout if you have time while you're up in this neighborhood.

 
At February 24, 2012 at 3:57 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Howdy! Tried to find an email for ya, but no such luck:(. If you want drop me an email.

 
At February 24, 2012 at 5:48 AM , Blogger -Nathan said...

Good luck. IDS is a top notch company, and Evan is a top notch guy/instructor.

 
At February 24, 2012 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Sounds exciting. My club in NOVA offers this course also. I'll be interested in hearing of your experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home