This page has moved to a new address.

Five Guns

A Girl and Her Gun: Five Guns

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Five Guns

Monty On Guns wrote a post called "Five Guns That Changed History".  He had read an article with the same title, but decided he did not agree with the findings, so he made his own list. Last night I was watching the Military Channel's Ultimate Weapons. They were listing their top gun choices for close quarter battles which reminded me of Monty's post, so  I posted that on my FB. Monty liked my status and commented, "Can't wait to see your list."

I don't really have a list for guns that changed history or that I would use if I were in a close quarter military type battle, but I do have my favs.  Here is goes...


5. M1 Garand- Love the history, love the look, love the feel.

4. Mosin-Nagant- Love the history, love the look, love the feel.

3. M1 Garand- Love the kick

2. Mosin-Nagant- Love the kick

1. Tie between the M1 Garand & Mosin-Nagant- They make me happy...REALLY, REALLY HAPPY!!!


Honorable mention-the M&P that sits on my hip-it's a fairly good equalizer.

17 Comments:

At May 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Paul Erickson said...

I can help ya with the M1. :) I have 2 of em. A 1942 Springfield and a 1944 Springfield. :) Just come on down here to shoot em!

 
At May 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Duke said...

Good list but I wouldn't trade 10 Mosin Nagants for an M1A or even a M1 Garand

 
At May 24, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Brock Townsend said...

Love them both except for my one and only M-1 Thumb!:)

 
At May 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

I love shooting my Mosin, and bein the history nut that I am, I would LOVE to get my grubby paws on a classic Garand. Third on my list would be a scoped (of course!) Springfield 1903, followed closely by a BAR and/or FG-42.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger MSgt B said...

Ha Ha

Just told Nancy the other day she should use Mosins for tomato stakes...

My bad

 
At May 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Broken Andy said...

Not my list, but a good one.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Yes, very, very bad.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

That'll work.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Me either.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

It's on my list along with Texas and Oklahoma and Alaska...lol

 
At May 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I suspect that my list is unique to me, but then I have always been an original.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Critter said...

1. Moisin

2. Mauser

3. M1

4. Winchester

5. Anything by John Moses F%#&ing! Browning.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 4:32 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Lol, nice list!!

 
At May 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger .45ACP+P said...

Just bought my first "Tomato Stake" this past weekend. It looks unused! Bright shiny bore and nearly unscared wood. I will feed it tomorrow and see if it wants to stay with us. got several kinds of "Mosin Chow" to choose from.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Robert Fowler said...

Mauser should be on any list. I love my scoped 98K. Garand and M14 (I'm partial to the rifle I carried in the Corps).

 
At May 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I want to know how it goes tomorrow:)

 
At May 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I do like other guns and, of course, a Mauser deserves to be on the list, but I have never shot one.

Thanks for your service!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home