This page has moved to a new address.

More This and That

A Girl and Her Gun: More This and That

Friday, January 13, 2012

More This and That

The nice guy over at The Calm Gun had some unfortunate computer issues and was forced to create a new blog.  Please go visit him at his new location.

Thanks again for all the nice comments about The Open Letter To The Anti Gun Folks.  I am not sure what is consider a lot of views, but as of last night(day 3 of it being up)  I had 12,852.  My next largest viewed post is the Give-A-Way at 1,243. I am humbled by how many people have taken the time to read it and share their comments with me.   I have been overwhelmed by your kindness.

In the rare instance that someone has been negative, I haven't bothered to defend myself or the post (except in one thread where I simple added clarification) because the people I care about knew what I meant and the others, well their opinions don't matter to me.  If I knew that my post was going to go viral, as JD put it, I might have made some classifications, but probably not.  

Moving on,

Recently we celebrated my birthday.  My kids made me this cake and I put on my FaceBook that I didn't have candles in protest of vigils that serve no purpose and are ridiculous, but really my family just forgot to buy them.


This is what my family bought me for presents!!.  I opened up a bag filled with these goodies and the first 2 things I pulled out were packages with what looked to me to be rope, so I said, "Am, I going repelling?"  My husband, said, "Good grief no".  "Not with 550 cord your not."  I have a lot to learn and my husband, the Marine, he didn't really say "good grief":)

Thank God he stopped me or I might have gone off and done something stupid, like fling myself off a cliff and then I would have to join forces with Courtney and I really don't want to have to do that.

16 Comments:

At January 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Country Tea said...

AGHG, I am so sorry that you are getting the criticism from people that feel "safe" behind a computer screen! You write for YOU and don't worry about anyone else.

I love your posts and can see myself in alot of them. Especially since I do not fit in with alot of groups either, but gunnies don't mind.

I also rarely cuss and I am particularly aggressive, I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 40 and I have been teasingly called "Laura Ingalls" by family. I am not what you would typically think of when you try and picture a "gunnie".....but that is fine by me!

Keep writing and I will keep reading!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 6:31 AM , Blogger Tango Juliet said...

Aggressiveness isn't something a gunnie necessarily wold want to cultivate. Develop the warrior mindset yes, but let it off the leash only when provoked, as in, a life threatening situation.

"The best sign of good training is never having to use it." - Clint Smith

 
At January 13, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Actual, I did change it.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger poniegirl004 said...

Love your Birthday Presents! Looks simialr to my Christmas! You can never have to much paracord or to many ways to start fire!!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Erin Palette said...

A girl after my own heart! My favorite gift this Christmas was a 1-year pass at the local range.

Although I am a bit surprised they didn't throw in a few boxes of pistol ammo for you!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

LOL Erin, they bought tons of ammo for Chrsitmas!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Wow. Just read that "Courtney" post. So that swing has been up there for quite some time, yet even though its simple enough for a 5 year old and his grandfather (who may only be in his 40's, for that matter) to use, since this individual and one other were incapable of operating said ropeswing, it should be taken down? Wow. I would have assumed just a simple bad landing (had plenty of them myself, from plenty of rope swings), until I read her comments. Now I'm assuming the ole 10% Rule (must be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate in order for it to function effectively), coupled with a (failed, in this case) Darwin Award nomination, are the order of the day.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Brock Townsend said...

Kids: Great job on the cake!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Blogger davidc said...

Beautiful cake !

 
At January 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Larry said...

You can never have too much duct tape and para cord. Happy Birthday!
21, right?

 
At January 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM , Blogger 45er said...

Well, the 550 would have held, but it would have hurt like the dickens. That stuff is amazingly useful. If you want to burn a whole lot of time, look into weaving bracelets and stuff with it. I'm not saying you should go out and find a video showing you how because you'll hate me for showing you another way to waste your time, but it is cool. Also, WHEN (not if) you get an AR-15, you can hollow out the paracord and make pull loops for the steel mags. They work awesome.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Old NFO said...

Have a happy one :-)

 
At January 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Calm Gun said...

Happy birthday (I'm late!)

 
At January 14, 2012 at 4:50 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

I am off to YouTube. Let's see what this stuff can do.

 
At January 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM , Blogger 45er said...

AGirl, please don't blame me when your valuable time is now taken. :)

 
At January 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Critter said...

happy birfday! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home