This page has moved to a new address.

Gun Stuff

A Girl and Her Gun: Gun Stuff

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gun Stuff

I am finally going to get around to taking my M&P to Robb at Virginia Arms to get some work done on it.  I am so used to carrying my Glock, set up for a right hand-er that I can't get used to the M&P being set up for a lefty.  My grip is very high up on the slide and more times than not that grip interferes with the workings of the slide lock, so that is coming off.  I can very easily use my left hand to lock the slide back.  I am also going to get new sites put on.  Very excited about this.  I have been putting it off for way to long.  Also gonna take the hubby's brand spankin new M&P(he got at the gun show this past Saturday) in for new sites and APEX parts.

My wedding anniversary is in August.  Every year my husband tries to plan a trip for us to get away and every year we have to cancel.  The first few years is was because the adopted kiddos were not ready for us to leave them and other various issues.  However, this year we are going to get the heck out of dodge.  The man that I adore thought I would enjoy a weekend of shooting as a gift.  He reads the blog.  He knows I am kind of into shooting.  So, yesterday when he read Active Response Training's daily blurb and saw this, he sent off a check.  He spoils me. My man, guns, learning, contributing to a cause...pure perfection.

Which leads me to my next point.  You know how I love military folks and I love to give things and I love to support other people in their very cool ventures?  Here is one I am crazy excited about being a part of.  Our very own and most fabulous gun holster making guy has a new project. Love. This.  It always sounds very self indulgent when I tell people where I donate my money.  Until this blog, I always gave anonymously, but I feel very strongly that if I promote something or ask you to consider giving your money to it, that you know I put my own hard earn money where my mouth is or where my blog post is.  I wouldn't put something on the blog I didn't believe enough in to pay for myself or donate to.  So, yes, I am not only posting about this en-devour of Micheal's, I am also contributing financially to support it. 

Last but not least, I am working this weekend at FPF Training, so you know what that means...I Love My Life Monday post is coming.

6 Comments:

At July 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Hillbilly Geezer said...

I wish I could post some family pictures here, with their buddies, wink. We learn 'em to hunt very young. My littlest hunter is about 7 in his pic with his buddy, wink. Have fun and happy marriage anniversary. I tried marriage, several times, glad it works for some people! The ones it works for are the ones smiling! T

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Old NFO said...

Enjoy the course, I 'wish' I could sneak off and take it... sigh

 
At July 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Broken Andy said...

Sounds like a good time. Have a good 4th, A Girl.

 
At July 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Marriage is not an easy endevoure is it?

Thanks for visiting and commenting!

 
At July 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

One of these day Sir, we are going to shoot together!

 
At July 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

You too Andy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home