This page has moved to a new address.

I Like Boys

A Girl and Her Gun: I Like Boys

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Like Boys

On Thursday's my husband and the other gentleman from his office go to the range at lunchtime.  Today they invited me to tag along.

There were 4 of them and me.  One of the guys I don't know much about, but one has an extensive gun collection and used to do a fair amount of shooting, but life and whatnot got in the way, so I think the past couple of months has been fun for him.  You know all about my husband and one is a former sniper.  He is the very nice man who let me borrow his holster for my trip to Memphis.  I haven't given it back yet, by the way.  I like having that kind of character on my hip but, since stealing isn't much of an act of valor, I will return it...someday.

Lots of people like to met celebrities or rock stars, I have never much cared for that, but I had been looking forward to meeting Mr. Arete(these types prefer to stay low key, so for the blog he is Mr. Arete because he is exemplifies the word) for some time.  It was an honor.

The main reason I went though was to test out my sites.  Larry left a comment on my blog that I should color them in with a black marker because the white dots were messing with me and so I did just that...SCORE!!  I was able to shoot where ever I wanted to.  I did some head shots, some chest, some groin, some to the left, some to the right.  I put that target all the way down to the end of the range and shot at the 3 times at the 7 on the target, then 3 on the 8, then 3 on the 9, then 3 on the bulls-eye and then bang, bang, bang in rather rapid fashion and every single shot was where it should have been.  Now, no I did not have a dime sized hole anywhere at anytime.  That never happens for me beyond 5 yards, but I don't care.  My groups are what I would call a golf ball sized group, for the most part and never more than the size of a fist.  I shoot about 200 rounds and didn't have one flier.  I don't think I have mentioned this here before, but I really, really, really like to shoot.

The M & P did have one jam, no biggie, tap, rack, bang and on I went. I shot 2 magazines of my husband's Glock .23 with 180 grain .40 S & W ammo.  It did not hurt my hand and my group was nice, if I do say so myself.  No pictures, so no proof, but trust me.  I also shot half a dozen .22 rounds from a Ruger .22.  That was just plain fun, thank you Brad.

After we got done, I chit chatted with Mr. Arete and he gave me a few drills to try.  I am not going to tell you about them now, but I will after I try them out for myself.  I am very excited to try what he suggested.  He asked me a few questions and I started to explain my last trip with John, but he interrupted me and said, "Yeah, I saw the pictures." and I said "You, did?" and he said "Yes, I read your blog."  I blushed.

My husband, his friends, 80 degree weather, my pistol, and the chance to use it...yeah, life is good. 




12 Comments:

At March 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM , Blogger poniegirl004 said...

LUCKY DOG YOU!

 
At March 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Stephen said...

I kinda like girls along on my shoots too...girls smell good and are all soft and stuff....glad you had a good time, Pretty Girl.

 
At March 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

My husband did mention, twice, how good I smell:)

 
At March 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Erin Palette said...

In this post, you say you like boys, but in this post, you say you like women.

Why, you'll befriend anyone! You friend-slut, you! ;P

 
At March 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I won't befriend anyone, but I do go both ways.

 
At March 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Erin Palette said...

Oh my. *fans self* ;)

 
At March 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Critter said...

you see? shooting stuff is fun!

(friend-slut. *snerk*)

 
At March 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM , Blogger GunDiva said...

Glad you had a good time! I'm going out with my boys on Sunday - can't wait!

 
At March 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

<-------------jealous (again)

 
At March 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Old NFO said...

Trade ya, I spent 6 1/2 hours in meetings today...sigh

 
At March 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

I don't want to trade, but you can come along.

 
At March 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM , Blogger 45er said...

Women at the range make it so much more fun. I learn something every time. When you shoot with guys for so many years, you get a very one-sided view of the world of shooting. That and what Stephen said. I probably work on Mrs. 45er's grip and stance more than I need to. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home