This page has moved to a new address.

Three Weeks!!

A Girl and Her Gun: Three Weeks!!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Three Weeks!!

In just short 3 short weeks we will have our winner to the training Give-A-Way!!  I am so excited!!

As I mentioned before, the participation in the Give-A-Way has far exceeded my expectations; because of that I am making another adjustments.

I mentioned before that I thought maybe 20 women would sign up, so I planned on just sticking their names in a hat and pulling one.  Now we have around 200 women who have signed up, so I am not sure a hat is the best way to pick the winner.  I know there are some computer programs that help with this. I might be using one of those.  I still might do some modified version of picking a name from a hat.  I will let you know.

We also have another prized donated by the very nice people over at Firearm Protector!!!!!!  Please check out the side bar for details on the prize and maybe head to their site and leave a comment saying thanks!

There are so many aspects to preparing for self defense that sometimes it can seem overwhelming.  Especially to those of us that are brand new, not only to guns, but just the idea of defending our lives. A basic course will touch on many different topics to help us get started in changing our thinking, but often times we will leave with more questions than answers.   One of the things that was address in my conceal carry class, that left me with a whole lot of questions, was what to do after the shots are fired. We actually discussed it a lot, but there is no way to cover everything in one 2 day course.

I was reading  this post this morning over at God, Gals, Guns, Grub and thought it was excellent. I would recommend reading it, maybe a couple of times.


5 Comments:

At January 14, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Calm Gun said...

Amazing. It keeps getting better and better. Kudos to you!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM , Blogger God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Thanks for the comment and link... a lot of good folks out here in the gun blogoshere and the "gun community"... glad you're here...

Dann in Ohio

 
At January 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger GunDiva said...

You know, I've been wondering what I could possibly contribute to your prize - but it dawned on me today. I will add to the prize pot one of my all-time favorite books that helped me believe in my own ability to defend myself; it's a book that I relied on when I was being stalked to help me keep my wits and stay sane. THE GIFT OF FEAR, by Gavin de Becker. I'll send the winner of your give-away a new copy, if you don't mind.

 
At January 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

GunDiva, thank you so much! I think that would be a wonderful resource for our winner. Very nice of you!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM , Anonymous Skills testing said...

Thanks for posting a very sweet article. So much needed data i'll get and keep in my file.Thank u so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home