This page has moved to a new address.

Contest Winners 2 & 3

A Girl and Her Gun: Contest Winners 2 & 3

Friday, May 25, 2012

Contest Winners 2 & 3

Just got emails from Colleen and Mazie. Guess what??? They both are now armed women!!

Mazie bought the Ruger SP 101.  Part of her email to me...

I finally bought my gun, AGirl, the Ruger SP101 .327 Federal Magnum revolver. Now I have my Browning Buck Mark .22 semi-automatic handgun, and my Ruger SP101 .327 Fed Mag revolver. How wonderful is that!? I had to sell the Glock 9mm because it just didn't fit my hand well. It was too fat and blocky for me to hold well. I sure loved my Glock though! I do plan on buying another 9mm in the near future. I emailed the nice people who offered to donate ammo with the details and they're going to get the ammo out to me. What wonderful folks! I can't express enough how grateful I am for all.

Colleen purchased the new S&W Shield.  This is what she had to say...

My S&W M&P9 Shield came in yesterday!!!!!! I read articles, comments, forums, and saw videos with so many positive on this darn gun, I finally went for it. Yeah, I was a little nervous, but I loved the feel and shootability of the M&Pc, so I trusted my gut. It feels SO DARN AWESOME in my hands it's unbelievable. I really love how slim it is... I can reach everything so easily. Even with the shorter magazine, I can still get all fingers wrapped around the side of it. I love the feel of the trigger! I just cannot wait to shoot it!!!! I expected racking the slide on this new gun to be much more difficult, but I must've done it 30 times last night without much issue. Guns always felt "fat" in my hands, but I feel like it just fits like it was made for me. Ok, I'll take a chill pill and settle down... or at least try!

Is it just me or do these two sound really happy?

9 Comments:

At May 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome is this? Two more strong women ready to stand watch!
Mr. AGirl

 
At May 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM , Blogger GunDiva said...

So excited for both of them! You've done a good thing, AGirl. Organizing those give-aways was a big task.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM , Blogger 45er said...

So, so awesome. I'm so happy to see more women taking charge of their own safety. Just a few more women to go and the goblins won't know what hit them.

 
At May 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Awe-FRIKKIN-some!!!

 
At May 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife carries a Shield also. She is spot on shooting it. Glad to see other people taking their own safety seriously.

 
At May 28, 2012 at 4:25 AM , Blogger Weer'd Beard said...

For Mazie I just did a quick search on ammo for that .32 SP101 (good choice BTW they're great guns) The .327 round is a great self-defense round. The only issue you'll have is finding ammo to train with at your local shops.

I find the prices here to be great.
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/32-sw-long-fmj-lrn
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/pistol-ammo-327-federal-magnum

(.32 H&R Magnum will also fit the gun, but they don't have any in stock for a good training price)

Just remember to give the chambers a good cleaning with a bore brush after shooting the S&W Long as the cases are a bit shorter than the .327 so it'll leave a good bit of gunk in your chambers that isn't harmful if you scrub it)

Safe and fun shooting!

 
At May 28, 2012 at 4:49 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Awesome!! Thank you!!

 
At May 28, 2012 at 5:00 AM , Blogger Old NFO said...

That's great news! Two more women who can and WILL defend themselves!

 
At May 30, 2012 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Paul Erickson said...

Great to see!!! Glad to see the reviews of the Shield are looking good. Single stack is a smaller grip, so easier to grip. Even as a guy, I had a hard time with the grips on XD's, Glocks, and even the M&P's. But the 1911's and Shield, and the Walther PPS's all fit my hand well.

Now if I could only find a Shield for a reasonable price. I'd prefer to handle it before buying, but with all the positive I'm hearing about it, I may just say forget it and get it ordered. :)

My local FFL guy is a friend and gives me a GREAT transfer price. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home