This page has moved to a new address.

A Friend In Need, A Knife and Another Winner

A Girl and Her Gun: A Friend In Need, A Knife and Another Winner

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Friend In Need, A Knife and Another Winner

Erin over at Lurking Rhythmically is looking to help a friend in need. Please head to her place to see if you can help or if you know of someone who could.  Thanks!

Also, last week I saw that I was getting several hits from the same place and it was a place I did not recognize, so naturally I popped on over.  There was a post about knife fighting.  Very informative. If that sort of thing interests you, you might want to head there as well.  He has a great blog over all actually.

Lastly, I thought I had posted this but for some reason it didn't show up.  Our other Give-A-Way winner also sent me her story to share.  I love this because she is young and is smart enough to step up and take responsibility for her own life and learning.  How cool is that?!

Meet Michelle...

I do not have a very big background with guns, but I would say that I know more about them then most girls my age (I am 23). My significant other has had many guns and collects them mainly as a hobby but also for self defense. I would like to know (and remember) how to use guns. We have them in our house, but unless he switches off the safety and has them ready for me, then I'm pretty much useless with them. And this of course isn't a good thing.

I would like to be more prepared and become more knowledgeable with guns.


I do go to the shooting range quite often. We used to go more but the cost of ammunition has definitely limited our ability to go as often.

I would like to take some sort of beginners or intermediate class and also earn my CCW with what I won. This is something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but it was hard to justify the cost in my head.

8 Comments:

At July 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Broken Andy said...

A Girl, they've linked to your blog because it is SO TOTALLY AWESOME!

I hope you're having a good day. Take care.

 
At July 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks again so much!

 
At July 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Ha, you are too kind:)

Hope you are having a good day as well!

 
At July 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Old NFO said...

Glad it's working out...

 
At July 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger RabidAlien said...

Awesome! Again, congrats for winning!

 
At July 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM , Blogger An Ordinary American said...

OK, so you have another winner. Cool! Let me know where/who to send a signed and numbered copy of my book, Above Reproach, to and I'll also include some funds to help defray the cost of her training.

--AOA

 
At July 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM , Blogger agirlandhergun said...

Will do. Thanks AOA.

 
At July 19, 2022 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Maid Service Chico said...

Thoughtful blog thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home